There was a moment in 2003 that completely changed the direction of my life.
At that time I had a really good position in non-profit consulting, was married to a wonderful woman, had a beautiful newborn daughter and lived in sunny Southern California where the weather is just about perfect. For all intents and purposes, I had all the ingredients for a “happy” life. Yet I was truly unhappy because in a lot of ways I was feeling empty inside. I had a difficult time loving myself, appreciating all the good that was right there in front of me.
In reflecting back on it, I realize that I was still carrying with me a lot of negative thoughts and limiting beliefs about myself and life based on some challenging experiences I had growing up in my youth. Thoughts of unworthiness, thoughts of being less than, thoughts of lack. Being overly concerned about what others thought about me and having many moments where I really didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin.
I knew I wasn’t loving myself, but instead of addressing my doubts, fears and worries and looking within, I avoided my thoughts and feelings, put on a happy face that things were ok but deep down inside I knew they weren’t.
It was in that moment in 2003 that I made a decision that feeling good about myself and getting in control of my life was of paramount importance. I began to search for better ways of being, doing, and living.
That led me to a deep study of personal development, psychology and spirituality, and since then I’ve learned a great deal about how to connect to the best of who I am and release thoughts of limitation and constraint. A life in which I can control my thoughts, my emotions, my actions, my destiny. I’ve learned how to remove internal obstacles keeping me stuck and keeping me from remembering who I truly am – which is a child of a higher power with unlimited potential in terms of who I can become and what I can achieve.
Looking back I realize now that all of my pain, struggle and difficulty and then learning how to overcome that served a powerful purpose. It’s provided me with an amazing opportunity to help others heal simply by changing their thoughts about themselves and what’s possible in their lives.
I’m Christopher Lee Hogan, and I’m a personal development coach and motivational speaker dedicated to helping others live life without limits.
- 15 years of deep study of personal development and spirituality
- Over 20 years of leadership and consulting for large national non-profit organizations
- Certifications in Life Coaching and Executive Coaching
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from Boston College
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Fairfield University
- Develop true clarity and focus as to what they want in life, at work, or in their small business.
- Remove obstacles in their thoughts, perceptions, words, beliefs, habits and actions that are getting in the way of them living the life and/or achieving the result they truly desire.
- Develop a powerful self-confidence and winning mindset that has them moving forward with a deep belief that they can do whatever they set their mind to.
- Taking inspired action that lead to lives of more freedom, fulfillment and success.